Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rodwell Update

Can't believe I've gone a week without updating the blog. We're getting ready for our first trip to the Congo and I have been very busy producing French presentation material. Previously my predecessors used a translator so I've had to start from scratch.

Now to Rodwell. He is still in critical condition. Sunday night he suffered two cardiac arrests and they had to rush him into surgery on Monday morning. We received a call from his mother early morning Monday and we were off to the hospital by 5:15. Jan/mother/grandmother stayed with Rodwell's mother all day and didn't get home until late Monday evening.

His current situation is that he stabilized but he is still in the ICU on a ventilator. I haven't been in the ICU so I don't know if it is a good Puritan-Bennett ventilator or not. (company I used to work for). We've been to the hospital once since the second operation - Jan gets to go into the ICU because they think she's the grandmother. (smile) The doctors are very hopeful but don't stop the prayers just yet.

Jan will up date you later on the touchy/feely aspect of all of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Rodwell. Hopefully this will be a better week for him. We are praying for him too!